House Revolution have made use of the following features and techniques to ensure that our website is accessible:
- We provide quick links for speech browsers to skip to key areas of information on every page.
- We provide a text equivalent for every non-text element. This includes: images, graphical representations of text (including symbols), image map regions, frames, scripts, images used as list bullets, spacers and graphical buttons.
- We ensure that all information conveyed with colour is also available without colour, for example from context or markup.
- We ensure that foreground and background colour combinations provide sufficient contrast when viewed by someone having colour deficits or when viewed on a black and white screen.
- When an appropriate markup language exists, we use markup rather than images to convey information.
- We use style sheets to control layout and presentation.
- We use relative rather than absolute units in markup language attribute values and style sheet property values.
- We use header elements to convey document structure and use them according to specification.
- We mark up lists and list items properly.
- We identify the primary natural language of a document.
- We organise documents so they may be read without style sheets. For example, when an HTML document is rendered without associated style sheets, it is still possible to read the document.
- We clearly identify the target of each link.
- We provide metadata to add semantic information to pages and sites.
- We use navigation mechanisms in a consistent manner.
- We use the clearest and simplest language appropriate for a site's content.
- We use a style of presentation that is consistent across pages.
- For all form elements we ensure the label is properly positioned and implicitly associated.
Houserevolution.com incorporates ACCESSKEY functionality. These keys can be used to navigate the site quickly and easily. Simply hold down Alt, then press the corresponding number, release and then press return. The ACCESSKEY functionality used on this site is as follows:
- Alt + 0 - Go to the houserevolution.com homepage
- Alt + 1 - Go to content
- Alt + 2 - Go to main navigation
- Alt + 3 - Go to site and accessibility information navigation
There is a site map of houserevolution.com which can help you navigation around the site.
The House Revolution site makes extensive use of stylesheets.
If you are having problems viewing our site you should upgrade to the latest version of one of the following browsers: