Below are some handy hints to get the most from your viewing:
- Keep your home tidy and free from clutter. Put clothes in drawers and pots and pans in cupboards.
- The best air freshener is an open window. Artificial smells can be off putting and strong odours can be a real turn off. Best not cook that fish 5 minutes before they arrive!
- Try and keep pets away and noise to a minimum. Turn off the telly, any loud music and if you have a dog ask someone to walk it.
- No room should be out of bounds, if your teenager is still asleep and his room a state you're going to have to wake him up. Good luck with that!
- It often works well if just one person shows the house rather than the whole husband, wife, two kids and the dog team.
- Allow the viewer time and space, let them look as many times as they like, allow them to linger, it's a good sign
And lastly, but most importantly, BE POSITIVE. Don't talk negatively about your home. "Oh this room is to small for us which is why we are moving " should be " Oh this room is so cosy, we will really miss it". Find positive things to say about every part of your property and SAY THEM.
- Preparing your house to sell - garden, kids, dogs, photos and more!
- Your first viewing - helpful hints to show your house in the best light
Do you think we're missing something on here? Or want to make a suggestion? Why not help us become even more amazing! Please send us feedback if you wish